MTC is committed to bringing you quality theater productions while fostering the talent and creativity of our community’s youth. The MTC staff is a group of experienced and devoted individuals who truly love working with kids in the arts. We are so excited to work with you and get started on a Jr. production!
This is a 10 to 12 week session commitment (depends on season and production).
- MTC productions are auditioned performing groups, and commitment is expected (please see Conflicts section).
- Dance techniques and singing are required. Additional dance classes are encouraged (please see McLaughlin Studio dance schedule).
- It is also strongly recommended that members of MTC productions take private voice lessons (please see McLaughlin Studio Music Faculty for instructor options and contact McLaughlin Studios to schedule lessons).
- Most productions include the costumes, however parents may be asked to purchase shoes, tights and other needed accessories (please see Costumes section).
- Parents are required to provide a minimum of 12 hours of volunteer work during each production (please see Parent Volunteer Hours section).
- Some productions also offer one or two need based work scholarships. Please contact the studio office if you feel you are eligible for a need based scholarship: (916) 652-6377.
Most MTC Jr. Productions are for students age 10 to 18 (age requirements are determined with each individual production). Exceptions are clearly posted on the individual productions.
Tuition for MTC Jr. Production Workshops
|First Family Member||$345 (costume included)|
|Second Family Member||$325 (costume included)|
|Third (or more) Family Member||$315 (costume included)|
Production Workshop Tuition Includes
Program participation, t-shirt, basic costume, cast party, head shot. Parent responsible for costume shoes, undergarments, accessories, hair and makeup. Payment must be received at time of registration. Maximum production size is 40. No refunds or make-ups. Credit/debit cards may be used for registration. Payment may be made in advance or in 3 monthly installments. Further details to be handed out at auditions and parent meeting.
NOTE: This is an audition only musical theatre production; however everyone who auditions will be included in our production. Auditions are for character placement only.
Parent Volunteer Hours
Parents will be required to complete 12 volunteer hours or may choose to pay a $100 opt out fee. A deposit of $100 must be submitted prior to the start of rehearsals and will be refunded if parent volunteer hours are completed. More information will be provided at the MANDATORY parent meeting when your child is cast.
Most productions include the costumes, however parents may be asked to purchase shoes, tights, and other needed accessories and makeup pertaining to their child’s role.
An MTC Jr. production is a 10 to 12 week session commitment. MTC productions are auditioned performing groups, and commitment is expected. If a member misses more than 4 rehearsals during a production the student will be placed on probation with the possibility of not participating in the performances. If a student is absent when choreography is taught, they will not be in that number. Attendance at performances is required, unless very sick. Not all cast members will be called for every rehearsal. A rehearsal schedule will be provided at the first rehearsal. All cast members are expected to attend every rehearsal unless specified by the director. Also, NO absences will be permitted during tech week. Cast Members with more than 3 excused absences notated on their conflicts section of the audition and registration paperwork will not be eligible for lead roles in the production.
Cast Bios & Headshots
The script that is given to each actor needs to be kept in the same condition in which it is received. Parents are required to give a $30 script rental deposit prior to cast member receiving their script. Scripts are handed out after the Mandatory Parent Meeting immediately following the first production rehearsal. Script deposit is refundable at the end of the show’s run provided the scripts are returned in good condition and without any highlighter, pen or pencil markings. If notes have been taken in pencil, please make sure they are completely erased before the script is returned. Note: scripts are available for purchase for $30, instead of the deposit. If scripts are not received by the last performance date it is yours to keep and we will process your deposit as payment for the script.