- Please arrive 30 Minutes before your audition time to fill out registration paperwork. This may be completed in advance.
- Closed toe shoes are required. If inappropriate shoes are worn, you will not be allowed to participate.
- NO FLIP FLOPS or BARE FEET!
- Hair should be out of eyes and pulled back off face.
- Clothing should allow actors to move freely.
- Open cast call; all participants will be accepted. Lead and ensemble roles will be given out after callbacks.
- Please prepare and bring sheet music or karaoke CD for a 1 minute portion of a song from a Broadway show (not from the show you are auditioning for). Children under age 10 can sing a simple song of their choice.
- A karaoke track is needed or you can sing acapella.
- Headshots and resumes are recommended but not required.
- No prepared monologue needed.
- Please bring a list of dates that conflict with rehearsals to your audition day and time.
After all auditions are completed for a Kids Production, the artistic team will schedule callback auditions. Callbacks are second auditions that help the team decide the best actors for certain roles in the production. Please be assured that if your child does not receive a callback audition time we have already made a decision regarding which role they will be cast as in the production.
Cast lists will be posted prior to the first rehearsal or given out at the first rehearsal for each MTC Kids Production (Directors choice). It will include the child's name and the name of the character they have been cast as for the production. In the case of large production casts, we will double cast many roles. In this instance the double casted actor will perform 50% of the performances as the double casted character and 50% of the performances as an ensemble member of the cast. Each cast member of the production will participate in every performance.