MTC is committed to bringing you quality theater productions while fostering the talent and creativity of our community members. The MTC staff is a group of experienced and devoted individuals who truly love working with youth and adults in the arts. We are so excited to work with you and get started on a MTC Main Stage Production!
This is a 6 to 12 Week Session Commitment (depends on season and production).
- MTC productions are auditioned performing groups, and commitment is expected (please see Conflicts section).
- Dance techniques and singing are required. Additional dance classes are encouraged (please see McLaughlin Studio dance schedule).
- It is also strongly recommended that members of MTC productions take private voice lessons (please see McLaughlin Studio Music Faculty for instructor options and contact McLaughlin Studios to schedule lessons).
- Most productions include the costumes, however parents may be asked to purchase shoes, tights and other needed accessories (please see Costumes section in this packet).
- Parents are required to provide a minimum of 12 hours of volunteer work during each production (please see Cast Member Family Volunteer Hours section in this packet).
- Some productions also offer one or two need based work scholarships. Please contact the studio office if you feel you are eligible for a need based scholarship. (916) 652-6377.
Ages for MTC Main Stage Productions are based on the needs of the Broadway Production selected. Most Broadway productions call for a wide range of actors. The youngest age eligible to participate in a main stage production is 7. Many productions offer parts for adults, teens and youth. Ages will be clearly posted for each MTC Main Stage Production.
MTC Main Stage Production Tuition
|First Family Member||$395 (costume included)|
|Second Family Member||$370 (costume included)|
|Third (or more) Family Member||$350 (costume included)|
Production Workshop Tuition Includes
Program participation, t-shirt, basic costume, cast party, head shot. Cast members responsible for costume shoes, undergarments, accessories and makeup. Payment must be received at time of final registration. No refund or make-ups. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit/debit card. Payment may be made in advance or monthly.
Adult Cast Members
Adult cast members have the option of working more volunteer hours to reduce tuition. Those who have construction, costuming, painting, marketing, soliciting, sponsorship, event planning, or other needed skills can talk with the producer to coordinate an area of the production or facility build out in exchange for tuition.
Cast Member Family Volunteer Hours
Parents/Cast Members will be required to complete volunteer hours of 12 hours or may pay a $100 opt-out fee. A deposit of $100 must be submitted prior to the start of rehearsals and will be refunded if Cast Member Family Volunteer Hours are completed. More information will be provided at the MANDATORY cast member meeting.
Most productions include the costumes, however cast members may be asked to purchase shoes, tights, and other needed accessories and makeup pertaining to their production role.
MTC production is a 12 week session commitment. MTC productions are auditioned performing groups, and commitment is expected. If a member misses more than 4 rehearsals during a production the student will be placed on probation with the possibility of not participating in the performances. If a student is absent when choreography is taught, they will not be in that number. Attendance at performances is required, unless very sick. Not all cast members will be called for every rehearsal. A rehearsal schedule will be provided at the first rehearsal. All cast members are expected to attend every rehearsal unless specified by the director. Also, NO absences will be permitted during tech week. Cast Members with more than 3 excused absences notated on their conflicts section of the audition and registration paperwork will not be eligible for lead roles in the production.
Cast Bios & Headshots
The script that is given to each actor needs to be kept in the same condition in which it is received. Cast members are required to give a $30 script rental deposit prior to receiving their script. Scripts are handed out after the Mandatory Cast Member Family meeting immediately following the first production rehearsal. Script deposit is refundable at the end of the show's run provided the scripts are returned in good condition and without any highlighter, pen or pencil markings. If notes have been taken in pencil, please make sure they are completely erased before the script is returned.